Girls Division Math Department
The Girls Division Mathematics Department at Regis Jesuit High School is designed to fulfill the needs of college-capable students of varying mathematical abilities. We offer a multi-sequence program of courses to provide each student a demanding, rewarding, and relevant mathematical education based upon her aptitude, previous achievements, and future needs.
Course offerings are based on the belief that a broad and intimate knowledge of mathematical concepts necessitate an appreciation of intellectual satisfaction. Thus, in order to be prepared for the pursuit of college-level mathematics or careers founded in mathematics, our Graduates at Graduation will have met the following objectives:
- Acquire the concepts and skills contained in each course.
- Apply mathematical knowledge and processes to practical problems and original situations.
- Recognize the efficacy of logical reasoning.
- Be aware of and appreciate the value, elegance, design, beauty and logic of mathematical concepts.
- Have high-level problem solving capacities, mathematical confidence, and intellectual curiosity.
- Communicate effectively in mathematics.
- Produce valuable work for herself and for others.
The Girls Division Mathematics department at Regis Jesuit High School teaches math as a logical model of thinking which empowers the individual to rapidly adapt, solve complex problems, and create pragmatic solutions. Through our curriculum, ultimately, we endeavor to develop students as effective, creative, and rational problem solvers.