Girls Division Poms
VARSITY Head Coach: Katie Bhappu
ASSISTANT VARSITY COACH: JESSICA DANKO
- Monday, April 3-Thursday, April 6, 4:30-6:30 pm: Tryouts in the GD gym. The team will be announced on Thursday, April 6
- Monday, April 10, 4:30: MANDATORY First team meeting and uniform fitting in the Black Box/Glass Box just inside the GD cafeteria.
For tryouts, please be dressed in all black attire that is comfortable to move in, along with jazz shoes or tennis shoes. Socks will not be permitted. Hair must be up and out of the face and no jewlery should be worn during the tryouts.
- May 31- June 2: MANDATORY Intensive Workshop and Choreography for both Pom and Jazz dances
- June 25-28: UDA Camp at Regis University in Denver
- Thursday, August 3, 4:00: Team Picture Day. Location TBD
Katie Bhappu: As a Denver native, Katie has danced competitively her whole life. She grew up dancing on company at Michelle Latimer Dance Academy for eight years, knowing her dream was to audition for poms in high school. She made the Varsity team as a freshman, and her team won the 5A State Championship three of her four years. The team placed top ten in the nation through UDA every year, and placed 3rd one year! She attended the University of Denver, where I received my BSBA in Marketing. During her time as a Pioneer, she studied abroad in Rome, Italy and fulfilled her minor in Italian. She danced not only for the Denver Nuggets for two years in college, but also cheered for the University of Denver Cheerleading team for two years. Upon graduation, she realized her true passion was education. She received her Masters in Elementary Education from Regis University. While working toward my Masters, she was a Denver Broncos Cheerleader for three seasons! She cheered on the sideline of Super Bowl 48, danced in the Chinese New Year Parade in Hong Kong and cheered our beloved Broncos to a victory on the sidelines of Super Bowl 50!
Jessica Danko: Coming Soon!