Ignatian iPad Program
Introduction | Specifications | Digital Citizenship | Frequently Asked Questions | iPad Help
- We recommend the iPad Air, Pro or newer (latest generation is best) with a minimum of 32GB memory
- Our recommendation for the iPad Air, Pro or newer is based up the continual updating of iOS. With the latest sets of updates, the first two generations of iPads are no longer compatible with many of our required apps, thus they cannot be used at Regis Jesuit. As we have no control of the updating schedule or when Apple may phase out iOS updates for the iPad 4th Generation, we strongly recommend the purchase of an iPad Air or newer.
- Due to the size of eBooks and the data space necessary for class projects and assignments, 16 GB cannot sufficiently support the usage that will be required by students.
- Students may buy and use the most recent iPad Mini, however you may want to be aware of the following:
- Notes and quizzes may be difficult to read/see because of the smaller screen
- In some cases eBooks have had compatibility issues
- Wi-Fi (you do not need a 3G/4G contract, unless you personally choose to do so)
- 32 GB memory minimum
- Screen protection. There are many brands of screen protectors to pick from and you can find them in any retailer selling iPad supplies.
- Case (Students are required to provide a case for their iPad. In selecting a case, the two important elements are: (1) protection for the screen and (2) impact protection at the corners. Here are some suggested cases:
Below, find the current list of required apps. Please check back often to see if apps have been added to the list.